You are here
In group-based therapy sessions, we work with your child and with other children to treat their shared concerns.
Our groups usually consist of a maximum of six children. We carefully select children for each group based on their age, ability, strengths, weaknesses and personality to ensure that children have an appropriate and suitable group therapy experience. We offer a range of group programs to help young people with specific concerns, such as:
- social skills deficits
- emotion regulation difficulties
- starting primary school
- needing to build resilience
Group programs can help young people to: develop and practise their social skills, connect with and feel supported by other young people, consider others’ thoughts and feelings, normalise their own thoughts and feelings, put their problems into perspective and learn about other people’s strategies for dealing with problems.
Our current regular groups include the following:
- Pre-school Social Skills for ages 3 - 5 years
- Superflex for Years K - 2
- Advanced Social Superheroes for Years K - 2 (must have attended Superflex first)
- Play Skills Social Skills for Years K - 2
- Good times Social Skills for Years 3 - 6
- High School Girls' Social Group
- High School Boys' Social Group
- Mindful Warriors (emotion regulation training for teenagers)
We also have group programs that are offered, depending upon demand, once a year during school holidays:
Spaces are currently available.