You are here
Professional development opportunities
For education professionals
Our Principal Psychologist, Birgitta Österberg, develops and delivers tailored workshops for education professionals at preschools, primary schools and secondary schools. Birgitta designs her workshops to help participants to: better understand children’s needs, develop practical skills and strategies to use immediately and in the long-term in their school setting, and feel more confident in working with a diverse range of presenting problems in children.
Birgitta can tailor your workshop to meet your needs. She has experience with a wide range of school-related concerns, including:
- Behavioural concerns: challenging behaviours, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, oppositional defiant disorder and intermittent explosive disorder
- Developmental concerns: autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Neurological concerns: tic disorders
- Educational concerns: dyslexia (a specific reading disorder), dyscalculia (a specific maths disorder), giftedness, intellectual disability and school refusal
- Emotional concerns: anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, loss and grief, trauma and stress disorders, anger and self-esteem
- Social concerns: social skills deficits, bullying, assertiveness and social anxiety
- Meeting students’ unique needs: understanding the Disabilities Act in terms of schooling, meeting individual student’s needs and developing individual learning plans in preschool, primary school and high school
The length of the workshop can vary, based on your organisation’s needs, from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 3 hours.
Birgitta can travel anywhere in the Sydney metropolitan area.
- Access to a power point
- Access to a screen
- Access to a small table/desk
If you are interested in booking Birgitta Österberg to deliver a workshop for your organisation, please contact us.
For psychologists and other health care professionals
Our Principal Psychologist, Birgitta Österberg, develops and presents high quality professional development (PD) workshops for psychologists and other health professionals working with young people. Birgitta has extensive training and experience in the psychological assessment and treatment of young people and is committed to sharing her knowledge, experience and skills. Her mission is to assist clinicians and other professionals in increasing their professional competencies to deliver better outcomes to young clients.
Past PD events include:
- A holistic approach to child psychometric assessment
- ADHD in childhood: From theory to intervention
- CBT for children and adolescents
- Facing fears: Developing skills to treat childhood anxiety disorders
- Introducing the WISC-V: Administration, application, and interpretation
- Understanding reading disorders in children: From assessment to intervention
There are no PD events available for 2018, but if you would like to register your interest for future events, please complete an Expression of Interest form.